What is an ASIC Bitcoin Miner?
Since it’s now impossible to profitably mine Bitcoin with your computer, you’ll need specialized hardware called ASICs.
Table of Contents
- Bitcoin Mining Hardware Comparison
- What is an ASIC Bitcoin Miner?
- Don’t Get Confused
- How to Find the Best Bitcoin Miner
- Bitcoin Miners for Sale on eBay
- Used Bitcoin Mining Hardware for Sale
- Hardware Profitability
- Most Efficient Bitcoin Miners
- Bitcoin Mining Hardware Companies
- Bitcoin Mining Equipment
- Bitcoin Mining Without Hardware?
- USB Bitcoin Miners
Originally, Satoshi intended for Bitcoin to be mined on computer CPUs. However, Bitcoin miners discovered they could get more hashing power from graphic cards. Graphic cards were then surpassed by ASICs (Application Specific Integrated Circuits).
Nowadays all serious Bitcoin mining is performed on dedicated Bitcoin mining hardware ASICs, usually in thermally-regulated data-centers with access to low-cost electricity. Think of a Bitcoin ASIC as specialized Bitcoin mining computers, Bitcoin mining machines, or “bitcoin generators”.